Would you like your members to be able to access the church directory, including photos, from your website?
It is easy to do following these steps:
- Create the photo directory in your RDS system using the Photo Directory program, MR308. Make the selections for the information you want to be included.
- Print the directory PDF file in a folder on your website. Use your PDF generator to do this.
- Place the directory on a page on your website, and create a link to it on your home page.
- Require a password to access that folder and give that password to your members.
- Update the directory as often as you wish.
When members go to the directory they can search for a name (or other information) using the Windows key sequence of CTRL F, then enter the name, or they can scroll to the name.
Members can send an e-mail to another person in the directory if an e-mail address is listed by placing the cursor on the e-mail address and click with the mouse. (Note: some browsers may not support this.) If a user’s e-mail program does not support this feature they can use “copy and paste” into their e-mail program.
While some other church systems charge for this feature, you can do this with RDS Advantage and RDS Connect without cost.
Your RDS Support Team