Cloud-Hosted Software Makes Ministry More Manageable
Benefits of RDS Connect© on the Cloud
- Work from any location with Internet access
- RDS Connect© is SaSS (software as a secure service)
- Hosted on a Tier III data center with 256 bit SSL encryption
- More time in ministry and less time managing software and hardware
- Installation, updates and daily backups are done for you
- Access with Windows or Mac workstations
- Reduced hardware (IT) management costs
- Remote Deposit Capture for contribution and receivable checks
- Unlimited toll-free customer phone support
- Includes the powerful RDS Advantage applications
- (Accounting, Check-In, Library, Scheduler, more-more-more)
- Connect your mobile devices to RDS Connect to access applications
- Emergency support on weekends and holidays
Administrators of churches, not-for-profit organizations, and businesses are rapidly moving to Cloud-hosted applications. The October, 2010 issue of Journal of Accountancy reports that Cloud computing revenues reached $68.3 billion in 2010, and are expected to grow to $148.8 billion by 2014.
Types of Cloud computing:
Software as a Service (fully functional software programs)
Business Process as a Service (outsource an entire business function)
RDS Connect© is both Software as a Service (SaaS), and Business Process as a Service (BPaaS). Importantly, RDS Connect© is the highest security standard of SaaS, which is Software as a Secure Service (SaSS). RDS Connect© is hosted on a Tier III Data Center and communication of data between client and server is 256 bit SSL encrypted. Security doesn’t get any better than that.
Effect on Ministry:
Cloud-hosted data processing shifts expenditures from managing IT resources to ministry functions.
The vagaries and interruptions of computers, servers and networks are no longer suffered by staff performing their work.
Staff is freed to work from any location with Internet access. There are no geographic boundaries.
SaSS Cloud computing is more secure than can be accomplished on-site.
Data storage is unlimited, so there is no need to add disk space or suffer from lack of space.
Staff or IT management of daily backups, updating software and managing servers and networks are eliminated or minimized.
Efficiencies of a Cloud-hosted church system:
Users share processing power and space that is managed by RDS.
Quick implementation process. Applications can be up and running almost overnight.
Anytime access from anywhere. Work 24/7 from any location with Internet access.
Lower upfront costs. Cloud-hosted services substitute “pay as you go” for larger initial costs.
Little or no hardware maintenance. RDS takes responsibility for maintaining software and servers.
Reallocation of resources. IT staff can be reallocated for more strategic projects, rather than spending time on system upgrades and maintenance.
Easier and more regular upgrades. RDS provides many new features and upgrades each year. These are made in the background without disrupting staff work.
Unite Apps With RDS Connect Cloud-Hosted System:
Unite Apps provide member access to their personal database information, photo directory and communication with other members.